At NextCapital, we build financial software that helps everyday investors build and manage a world-class financial portfolio. Our work directly benefits the millions of Americans who can’t afford traditional financial advice, by providing them a solution driven by software. Working with the world’s leading financial institutions, our software tackles the complex challenges of providing financial advice through an intuitive and engaging user experience.
JOIN OUR TEAM
We’re looking for a talented and highly motivated Reliability Engineer to join our team. As a growth stage technology company, NextCapital is seeking candidates eager to be part of a team, working closely with every part of the company, from engineers to the executive team. Learn more about us at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Optimize existing systems, build infrastructure, and eliminate waste through automation
- Think about the big picture of how our software system delivers a high quality product to our end consumer
- Focus on the entire development life cycle in order to identify inefficiencies within the company
- Use a breadth of skills to solve complex and dynamic problems pertaining to the full software stack
- Work on a range of problems that touch all corners of the company, including
- Design, DevOps, Financial Advice Methodology and more
- Maintain a high level of organization and follow conventions for team’s documentation and artifacts
- Communicate effectively with managers, designers and software engineers
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You love tackling tough problems, and value the correct solution over a sloppy one
- You have a passion for software development, with side projects to prove it
- You understand test-driven-development, and you’re a capable debugger
- You’re comfortable reading & writing code, and can describe what each part of the code is doing
- You’re passionate about our mission to democratize financial advice
- You have a deep understanding of testing principles, techniques, and strategies
- You have experience working with testing and infrastructure tools, such as Jenkins, TeamCity, AWS
- You are a strong critical thinker and are able develop efficient processes and organize information
- You understand the software development life cycle and development methodologies such as agile, waterfall and lean
- Plus: You have experience implementing and maintaining an automated testing framework
- Plus: You have some continuous integration experience, creating and managing automated test builds
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- See your work move into production quickly, and avoid the bureaucracy that slows down larger companies
- Receive great benefits like stock options, employer 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top quality designers & engineers that enjoy working with each other
- Get involved in a growing company where you can have a real impact on the company’s future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (wine tastings, trivia, game nights), book club, film club, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events.
- Enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with unobstructed views of the lake and Millennium Park.
- Sip locally roasted coffee, iced tea, cold brew, or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk.