At NextCapital, we build financial software that helps everyday investors build and manage a world-class financial portfolio. Our work directly benefits the millions of Americans who can’t afford traditional financial advice, by providing them a solution driven by software. Working with the world’s leading financial institutions, our software tackles the complex challenges of providing financial advice through an intuitive and engaging user experience.
JOIN OUR TEAM
We’re looking for a talented and highly motivated Software Architect to take on a leadership role within our software team. This includes system design, data modeling as well as technical architecture and software development. As a growth stage technology company, NextCapital is seeking Software Architects who are eager to be part of a team, working closely with every part of the company from graphic designers to the executive team. Learn more about us at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Understand the business and technical needs so both can be considered in our software design and development
- Regular collaboration with business stakeholders and executive management
- Leadership role in solving interesting challenges across a wide array of technologies
- Evaluate the short- and long-term implications of design and implementation decisions.
- Provide input on software development methodology, environment, standards and practices.
- Be a driver of architecture and help facilitate architecture, security, design and code reviews and the mentoring and guidance of developers so they learn and grow professionally
- Provide technical direction and leadership to our software teams, assisting in high-level design as well as in-depth coding issues.
- Write high quality, well-designed, testable, and scalable code by using the best software development practices.
- Make an immediate impact by quickly getting up to speed and making significant contributions.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have 5+ years of experience as a lead or senior developer
- You love tackling really tough problems, and value a quality solution over one that cuts corners
- You have a passion for software development, with side projects to prove it
- Strong understanding of and practical experience with AWS Cloud Platform
- Architecture best practices with an eye on preventing lock in.
- programming, backend development and associated performance and scalability design and testing automation.
- You architect and design to prevent, but can also aggressively diagnose, problems and creatively problem solve to create workable solutions.
- You understand test-driven-development, and you’re an exceptional debugger
- You are interested in mentoring and growing other developers.
- You have a strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to financial applications.
- You’re passionate about our mission to democratize financial advice.
- You have real world experience architecting Apache Spark and AWS EMR solutions (a plus.)
- You have real world experience using APM solutions such as New Relic (a plus.)
- You have real world architecting data warehouse, ETL and BI solutions using AWS RedShift, Talend and various BI front end tools (a plus.)
- You have experience working in a fintech or financial solutions environment (this is a plus.)
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- See your work move into production quickly, and avoid the bureaucracy that slows down larger companies
- Receive great benefits like stock options, employer 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top quality engineers that enjoy working with each other
- Get involved with a growing startup where you can have a real impact on the company’s future
- Enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with unobstructed views of the lake and Millennium Park
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://nextcapital.workable.com/j/A637DCCA11 →