Website Project Decibel
Music Industry Hearing Wellness Initiative
We’re looking for passionate people to help us reinvent how the music industry interacts with
their hearing. Project Decibel is a hearing wellness initiative using tech to enable custom hearing
care for the music industry. Tools we’ve created allow touring musicians, audio engineers, crew,
management, music students and music lovers to access hearing healthcare and custom ear
pieces such as musicians earplugs and in-ear monitors (what musicians wear on stage).
We are currently working out of Chicago’s Tech Hub, 1871 as part of the 5th WiSTEM cohort.
Lots of opportunities to help out with market research, strategy, creative, public relations, and
some 360 production and content creation.
Interested? You’ll get access to the 1871 workspace and connections, you’ll get to attend lots of
awesome tech events, chat with mentors, get free food, and be a part of demo day where we’ll
be pitching to 100’s of people including reps from Google, Microsoft, Motorola and Venture
Capital firms across the city. In addition, the chance to come with founders to work events such
as backstage to music festivals, concerts, recording studios, etc.
It’s a great opportunity! I can give you further deets if you’re interested. Feel free to reach out to
me with your resume and portfolio/examples of your work: at firstname.lastname@example.org
Develop marketing materials: photo, video, content creation, and social media/blog posts:
● Collaborate with founders to refine the and look and feel
● Attend events to capture photo and video content to use for social media and blog posts
● Contribute creative work across the website, print, infographics and the actual platform
● Role will be a key contributor to the look and feel of the launching product
● Position could turn into a full-time/paid role depending on the success of the candidate